Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The Eleventh Hour

Funny how time can slip into almost any topic, interpolating into the most mundane of subjects, tick, tick, tick. And so now, it seems we have slipped into the eleventh hour with this blog.

Originally meant as a pop-up blog in which I could talk about some of my watches and have a place to leave those thoughts, I’ve enjoyed the previous eleven I’ve written. This will be the twelfth post and I will stop here for now. Maybe I will post, from time to time. Maybe not. I’ve long thought blogs have aged out in our world where society’s attention span has contracted. We all have too much that we have to pay attention to, and not enough time to do it in. There it is again, time.

I have twelve watches, which includes my grandfather’s pocket watch, the one that set me on this course. Oh, excuse me, this journey. I don’t have much interest in collecting watches. Maybe if I find the Seiko or Cartier or Tudor I cannot live without. But most likely, not. I don’t have time to collect many more. And I surely don’t need to spend money on another watch. Maybe if I got a job and had mad money, maybe. But for now, I have all the watches I need. What I need, is more time. And spending it here is probably not a good use of my time or yours.

Thanks for reading and following along. I might be back. I might not be. This might be permanent. It might be temporary. There we go with that time word again. Anyway, it’s time to go.  Ciao for now.

 

 

© written and photographed by Alfonso Cevola limited rights reserved

No comments:

Real Time Analytics